Chettinadu chicken gravy or chettinadu chicken curry seivathu eppadi, how to make chettinadu chicken gravy or curry explained in tamil
Red chilli -1
Chilli powder- 1 and 1/2tsp
Coriander seed-1 and 1/2tsp
Fenugreek seed-4 to 5
Now lets see the steps to prepare chettinadu chicken curry:
– First we will see how to make masala
– Take a pan and add curry leaves, dry chilli 5, fenu greek seeds 4, fennel seeds, cumin, cardamon sticks, krambu, pepper, coriander seeds and coconut.
– Toast them dry for a minute and keep it aside
– Now in the same pan add little oil and fry mustard and urid dall, then add curry leaves and remaining dry chillies to it.
– Add the onion and cook for couple of minutes
– add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell is off
– Now add the tomato and cook for couple of minutes
– It is time to add the chicken and cook for few minutes so that the chicken mix very well with the masala, now you can add little water and cook it for 4 -5 minutes
– add all the masala powders now to add the flavour to the chicken curry
– mix it well and leave it till it cooks for 10 mins
– While it is cooking grind the dry masala that we prepared in the mixie and add it to the curry.
– cook it for few more minutes 4-5 minutes
– Now add the coriander leaves and serve the chettinadu chicken curry hot.
– It goes very well with plain rice.
– Let me know how it turned out for you.