March 15th is National Sloppy Joe Day, but you can enjoy this healthy twist on a sloppy joe any day of the year.
P.S. I’m sorry if you need sunglasses to watch this because I’m albino white, I need to get some sun!
2 pre-baked sweet potatoes or yams
1 pound extra lean ground turkey
1/2 onion, chopped small
1/2 green pepper, chopped small
1/2 red pepper, chopped small
1/4 cup of celery, chopped small
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbs of chili powder
1 tsp of cumin
2 tbs of raw honey
(1) 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, with liquids
(1) 6 oz can of tomato paste
1. Saute the onions, garlic, celery together in a skillet until onions are tender
2. Add and brown the turkey in the same skillet
3. Next add the spices, honey, and bell peppers to the skillet
4. Pour in the can of diced tomatoes with liquids and the tomato paste
Simmer all together on low for about 15 minutes
5. Cut sweet potatoes in half and scoop out a portion to form a little bowl and fill with sloppy joe mixture
6. Finish with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Find me on Instagram!
Follow me on Twitter!
See what I’m Pinning!
Mountain Sun by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (