When I go out to a restaurant, I rarely ever order desserts because personally I would rather have another piece of steak or something savory than a dessert. However when a restaurant happens to have rice pudding, I can never resist. Rice pudding with cardamon and cinnamon has always been my kryptonite and for this reason I decided to come up with this keto friendly low calorie “rice” pudding recipe. It actually also kills two birds with one stone because this is another sneaky way for me to help my husband or myself to eat more vegetables.
Calorie & Macro Information per servings ( 2 servings total):
101.7 calories, 6.2 C (4.4 net carbs), 6.75 F, 5 P
1/2 head small cauliflower (riced)
50 ml almond milk + more to cover up the rice (~ 50 ml) ( you can use coconut milk or coconut cream)
1 cinnamon stick
3 pods of cardamon
1 medium egg
a pinch of sea salt
3 tsp of stevia powder (more if you prefer sweeter)
1 tsp coconut oil or ghee
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
toppings: cinnamon powder, chopped nuts
1. Blanch the cauliflower rice in boiled water for a few minutes then drain very well.
2. At the same time combine 50 ml of almond milk, 1 cinnamon stick, and 3 pods of cardamon in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
3. Once the milk mixture is simmering, pour in the drained cauliflower rice, and mix well. Add in more almond milk (about another 50 ml) to barely cover the cauliflower rice. Mix very well and let it simmer until creamy.
4. Add in a pinch of sea salt and 1 whole egg. Mix very well together.
5. Once the egg is evenly mixed with the “rice” mixture, add in 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 3 tsp of stevia powder. Mix very well again.
6. Turn off the stove and mix the “rice” with 1 tsp of ghee or coconut oil. Mix evenly then top the “rice” pudding with cinnamon powder and chopped nuts of your choice. Take out the cinnamon stick and cardamon pods before serving.
Let the final product sit for at least 10 min then serve warm, or you can store this in the fridge for a few days. It taste great chilled as well.
For vegan modifications: replace egg, milk, and butter with coconut milk and cream.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and for more vegan recipes, you can click here:
For more vegetarian recipes, you can click here:
For my other healthy and tasty recipes, you can click here:
Check out my other videos here:
Follow me on social media: