Get Our Popular Paleo Cookbook FREE
The Paleo diet is all about eating like our ancestors.
Paleo can help you lose weight, improve athletic performance, sleep quality & mood, reduce inflammation & arthritis, address autoimmune conditions, mental health problems, and even reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Paleo Baking – Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Cake Recipe
2/3 cup – coconut flour
1/2 tsp – baking soda
5 – eggs
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup – almond milk
1/4 cup – honey
1 tsp – vanilla extract
6 tbsp – lemon juice
2 tsp – lemon zest
1/2 cup – fresh blueberries
Coconut oil to coat the pan
For the frosting
3/4 cup – coconut cream, chilled
1/2 – lemon, juice
2 tbsp – pure honey
Dash of vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat an 8-inch baking pan with coconut oil.
3. Mix coconut flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl.
4. In a separate large bowl, mix the eggs, almond milk, honey, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest using wire whip.
5. Add in the coconut flour mixture and stir well to combine.
6. Gently fold in the blueberries with rubber spatula.
7. Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking pan evenly.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
9. Insert the cake tester to check for doneness.
10. Allow to cool on a wire rack before flipping out of the pan and placing facing up.
11. Blend the coconut cream, lemon juice, vanilla and honey until evenly mixed.
12. Spread an even layer on top of the cake with rubber spatula.
13. Add blueberries on top if desired.