I have to thank Paleo Organic Whole Foods and Crossfit TSAC for helping me change my life style! Its not a diet or quick fix. This is for life and I love it!!! I’ll update you as I go! The first picture is Feb. 2011 to now Feb. 2012. I started at 250lbs. Im down to 171 and counting! more quick fix, do it with Whole Organic Food! I learn from our Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian and Raw foodie friends on youtube where there is all kinds of wonderful Whole food recipes. You can also follow us on facebook at Whole Foodies! 10 steps to Whole Foods… 10 Steps to my New Life
1. Stepping on the scale and seeing 250lbs. and deciding this is not acceptable! I don’t know why it took so long for me to get mad but I do know that no one can tell you when to be ready to change your life. It has to come from within.
2. Change 1 thing. The first thing I did was take out sugar and learn about healthy whole food sugars. This got the ball rolling on everything else.
3.Educate yourself on Whole Foods. There are several recommendations on Food Documentaries that can be found on Netflix. You will learn everything from Farmers Markets to GMO (Genetically Modified Foods) Processed foods, The American Diet, Organics…. So so much to learn! Just start with 1 a week. Start with Food Matters or Forks over knives, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead….
4.Clearing out the cabinets…When I realized what I was eating I grabbed a trashcan and started dumping out everything processed. Corn syrup, chemicals I couldn’t pronounce, white flour. My cabinets and refrigerator were pretty bare! Then I went shopping for Whole foods. (I shop at sprouts)
5. Learn to Cook…Youtube has been a wonderful friend! You can learn so much from Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian and Rawfood chefs. You will be amazed how quick you can make a fresh whole food meal! Whole Foods doesnt mean lettuce and carrots. There are so many great recipes full of nutrients and flavor! Don’t eat anything you don’t love! Find the whole foods you love and learn how to cook them. Substitute veges in recipes. If you don’t like the brocolli in a recipe then switch it to zucchini or whatever YOU like. There is a list of some of our favorite chefs and websites on Whole Foodies on facebook, along with our own recipes we’ve tried. I invite you to post your favorites along with a picture if you can and I’ll add it to the Docs for all to enjoy.
6. Juicing… I started juicing after watching “Fat Sick and Nearly Dead”. Its a great motivator! After watching this, my friend Ellen sent me The “Girls gone raw” Juice Challenge. They said to try adding a juice once a day to your diet for 30 days. Pat and I do this every morning to start our day and love it! Now its just plain habit and we really miss it if we have to skip a day.
7. Exercise… None of this 5am 7 days a week stuff that I will never keep up with. I am really trying to think moderation and sustainable. I walk, hike or ride my bike 3-5 times a week depending on my schedule. I just started TSAC Crossfit after losing 48lbs. I felt ready to add this to my routine. But again, it will have to fit into my schedule. Im sure some weeks will be more often then others. Its a great atmosphere for working out and motivation. I’ve never “Hurt so good!”
8. Gardening… This seems to have been a natural progression. Once you see what they are putting into our foods, you want to start growing your own! I now am learning everything I can on organic gardening. Even if you just start with Herbs. I have Basil, Green Onion and Cilantro growing and I can’t tell you the last time I had to buy those herbs. The smell of the fresh herbs is rich with nutrients! Plant 4-6 of each herb so that when you cut some you always have more growing. There are some great favorite gardening tips and youtube videos in the docs including Worm Farms which enrich your organic soil.
9.Share with others… You are going to be learning so much, Share with others what you are learning and continue to seek people who can support you. Please feel free to add friends to the Whole Foodies facebook site, all are welcome and encouraged to participate.
10.Be Thankful… For family, friends, knowledge and the Blessings of Beautiful, God Created, Whole Foods. God Bless You and Welcome to your NEW LIFE!
Created with AquaSoft SlideShow for YouTube: