Get Our Popular Paleo Cookbook FREE
The Paleo diet is all about eating like our ancestors.
Paleo can help you lose weight, improve athletic performance, sleep quality & mood, reduce inflammation & arthritis, address autoimmune conditions, mental health problems, and even reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Paleo Diet Recipes – Spicy Texas Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
6 – guajillo dried chilies
1 ½ tsp – ground cumin
½ tsp – ground black pepper
2 tsp – salt
4 tbsp – olive oil
2 lb – boneless beef chuck, cut into ¾
1 cup – onion, finely chopped
3 – large cloves garlic, minced
2 cups – homemade beef broth
2 cups – water
1 ½tbsp – white wine vinegar
1 tbsp – pure honey
chopped avocado, cilantro, onion or scallions
1. Gently fry the chilies in a skillet over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes per side, until fragrant.
2. Let chilies to cool, clean from seeds and stems.
3. Place in a blender with cumin, black pepper, salt and ¼ cup hot water.
4. Blend the mixture until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the blender jar.
5. Set aside the mixture.
6. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
7. Brown the meat and transfer to a bowl.
8. Add another 2 tbsp oil and cook the onion and garlic.
9. Transfer all the ingredients to a slow cooker, cover with a lid and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
10. Once cooked, remove the lid and stir.