Sticking to a paleo diet (or any diet for that matter!) during the holidays is a true test of will. Watching everyone else indulge in sweet, forbidden treats can really dampen your holiday spirit. Luckily, there are ways to participate in holiday fun without sacrificing your healthy lifestyle! These paleo gingerbread cookies are not only fun to bake, but easy to make in large batches for parties and family gatherings.
Give these gingerbread cookies a try and let us know what you think!
1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
3/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
3/4 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
3 Tbl Coconut Oil
2 1/2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
3 Tbl Molasses
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca starch, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
3. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla to the dry ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until a thick dough forms. You may need to mix for a minute or two until the dough comes together. Don’t worry about over-mixing the dough, since it contains no gluten you can’t over-develop it and create tough cookies!
4. Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out the dough to a 1/4″ thickness. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
5. Peel the top layer of parchment off of the sheet of dough. Cut out gingerbread man shapes with a cookie cutter and place the gingerbread men 1″ apart on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the pan and store in an airtight container.
7. Decorate with desired icing and toppings!
See the full recipe here: