Get Our Popular Paleo Cookbook FREE
The Paleo diet is all about eating like our ancestors.
Paleo can help you lose weight, improve athletic performance, sleep quality & mood, reduce inflammation & arthritis, address autoimmune conditions, mental health problems, and even reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Paleo Soup – Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
2 – large skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
1 – can(28oz) of diced tomatoes
32 oz – organic chicken broth
1 – spanish onion, diced
2 – jalepenos, seeds removed and diced
2 cup – shredded carrots
2 cup – chopped celery
2 tbsp – chopped cilantro, fine
4 – cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp – tomato paste
1 tsp – chili powder
1 tsp – ground cumin
1-2 cup – plain water
1 tbsp – olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
corn tortilla strips
1. Heat up crockpot over med-high temperature.
2. Pour in olive oil and ¼ cup chicken broth.
3. Add onions, garlic, jalapeno, salt, pepper and cook until soft.
4. Add more broth if necessary.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and water to fill to the top of the pot.
6. Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 2 hrs.
7. When chicken becomes soft and tender, off the heat and use a fork to shred the meat.
8. Mix well and spoon soup into individual bowls.
9. Add in sliced avocado.
10. Top with tortilla strips.
11. Sprinkle with cilantro.