Hello everyone! In this video, I discuss why the foods that aren’t allowed on the Paleo diet aren’t good for us, and what exactly is going on in our bodies when we eat them. I decided to only discuss processed carbohydrates, dairy and legumes (beans and peanuts, and their oils). I hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave any comments or questions down below.
– Lactase: An enzyme that our bodies produce when we are infants, but slowly stops being produced as we reach age 5; Aids in the digestion of lactose.
– Phytic Acid: A natural substance found in beans and seeds that binds to the food, and makes it more difficult for our bodies to absorb the nutrients in the food itself.
– Galacto-oligosaccharides: A carb found in legumes that impacts the digestive tract negatively; Especially affects people who already have digestive problems or IBS.
– Lectin: A protein that is in legumes, dairy and grains that does damage to the intestinal wall, and contributes to leaky gut syndrome.
– Aflatoxins: A mold naturally found on peanuts (approved by the FDA) that is linked to cancer.
Other Interesting Articles:
Follow me on Instagram: paleo_plate_foreva
Stay Paleo Strong!